Unite has called another two days of strike action Thursday July 5th and Tuesday July 24th. Last Friday was fantastic with 100s of pickets across the capital.
We now need to focus on next Thursday to repeat Friday’s success and show the bosses we mean business. It is essential all Unite reps and activists fight for the maximum unity before the strike and on the picket lines:
- Reps and members should talk to the employees who crossed our picket lines; explain why the campaign is so important. Explain why they need to show the same unity as thousands of other bus workers across London.
- Tell members not to listen to employers. They will try every trick in the book to break our unity.
- Don’t let anyone sow disunity. There are people in every garage who will try and undermine our campaign. Don’t listen to them. Don’t let anyone else be influenced by them. Make sure you isolate your Ron Grasser.
- Tell the members not to take any notice of the so called other unions, they have nothing to offer any bus worker but plenty to offer your bosses.
- Make sure you follow the 5 guidelines about preparing for the strike day
- If you have any problems at your garage don’t wait; contact your convener or fulltime officer for support.
- Text us tell us how it is going.